14 Alternative Valentine’s Dates
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and as I am a complete expert on love and relationships (NOT. Please note the extreme sarcasm in that sentence…) I have devised a list of 14 alternative ways you and your significant other can spend the day. I mean, a romantic candle lit dinner at your local Italian is a bit cliché don’t ya think!?
1. Drive-in cinema. If you are lucky enough to live near a drive-in cinema, there isn’t a time more perfect than Valentine’s Day to visit. Fellow Northerners, try Route 66 Drive-In.
2. Cook dinner together. Save money and avoid all the crowds of restaurants this Valentine’s and create your favourite meal at home. Fun, and more satisfying.
3. Watch the sunset. Drive/walk to your favourite spot and watch the sun go down with your bae. Romantic and memorable. Top marks if you live near the beach.
4. Look through old photos. Nostalgic, how cute.
5. Make heart-shaped pizza. I am pretty sure pizza is the number one way to anyone’s heart.
6. Lay under the stars. Sounds like something out of the movies. Weather depending, obvs. So basically no chance UK squad!
7. Play mini-golf. Mini golf is a lot of fun and pretty inexpensive. Get that competitive streak going.
8. Plan a getaway. You may want to celebrate V day on the cheap, but planning a getaway for you and your favourite human for in the future is exciting and you’ll have something to look forward to. A night away in a town an hour’s drive away or 2 weeks in the Caribbean, whatever you can afford.
9. Have a baking day. Heart shaped cookies, red velvet cake. Yum
10. Build a fort. ALL the blankets, cushions and fairy lights. You’ll feel like Cameron Diaz and Jude Law in the The Holiday.
11. Have your own cocktail masterclass. Shaken or stirred?
12. Go to a theme park. Go on all the rides and win a teddy on hook-a-duck, perfect day.
13. Recreate your first date. It’ll get you thinking about when you first met, how it was love at first sight and that moment when you just knew they were the one…
14. Netflix and chill. Oi oi.
What are your plans for Valentine’s weekend?
Get Social! Find me on