As you know by now, I love love love glowing skin.
I used to cake on Rimmel’s Stay Matte like there was a world wide shortage of mattifying powders. But more recently, a quick sweep under the eyes to set concealer is all i use it for. I’ve stopped using matte foundations and reach for more of a dewy formula and it’s the best makeup decision I’ve made since ditching the blue eye shadow in Year 10.
Today i’m sharing with you my top tips on how I achieve a fresh, dewy look that’s perfect for Spring/Summer!
1. I know, I know. Everyone tells you to do this, but it’s one of the most important things you can do. Stay hydrated!! Try to drink 8 glasses of water a day- your skin will thank you for it. Adding fresh fruit makes it a bit more exciting and will stop you from getting bored.
2. Using a moisturiser keeps skin looking healthy and will help any dry patches, so makeup will apply smoother. I recommend Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, especially if you have sensitive skin!
3. Treat the skin to an exfoliating face mask 1-2 times a week. It’ll get rid of any dead skin and bring through your natural, beautiful glow! Try LUSH’s Oatifix.
4. This is a trick I learnt from YouTube a while back. Placing liquid highlighter under your foundation gives a more natural dewy finish that’s long-lasting. My favourite is Technic Highlights; a great dupe for Benefit High Beam at a fraction of the price tag!! You’ll be glowing all day long.
5. The best blush that gives a glow has to be Orgasm by NARS. As you can see, I’ve hit pan. Says it all really- no highlighter needed with this bad boy!
6. If you’re seeking a glow that can be seen from outer space, look no further than the stunning Mary-Lou Manizer. A quick sweep on the cheekbones with a light hand and you’re good to glow.
7. Finish it all off with a dewy setting spray! I highly recommend heading to your local NYX counter right now and purchasing dewy finish. It’s a life changer, trust me.
If you have any extra tips, please let me know in the comments!
Get Social! Find me on