22 Things I’ve Learnt In 22 Years
It was my birthday yesterday. Inspired by Karlie Kloss, here are 22 things I’ve learnt in 22 years.
1. You don’t have to have it all figured out
It’s taken me until now to decide on a University degree, never mind anything else. Just because you’re in your twenties, you don’t have to have everything figured out.
2. Be prepared for set backs
As much as we want it to, everything doesn’t run smoothly and most of the time it takes a fall to get back on track.
3. Remember when you said your Emo phase isn’t a phase? It’s definitely a phase
You don’t hate mainstream music. Stop being so dramatic.
4. Work hard
Weekends spent working towards your goals will always be the most rewarding…
5. But take some time for yourself
…Just remember to fit in a Netflix binge every now and again.
6. Travel as often as you can
Be the cliche who heads off to Thailand for 3 months to find yourself.
7. Friends Forever? Don’t think so
The 20 BFFs you had in Year 7? Chances are you’ll be left with 2.
8. Don’t settle
Strive for the best
9. Step outside of your comfort zone
Whether that’s travelling to the other side of the world on your own or trying a new food for the first time.
10. Make time for your grandparents
Listen to stories from their childhood, pop round for a brew, help with the housework. Make time.
11. Your weight doesn’t define you as a person
Stop the obsessive dieting. It’s not healthy.
12. There’s nothing like a Cheesy Hits playlist on Spotify
13. A good cup of tea can solve a lot of problems
Again, trust me.
14. You’re doing better than you think
We always are.
15. Worrying is pointless
Stop stressing about things you can’t change.
16. Heeled boots are a staple
They’re practical and you’ll feel like the sassiest version of yourself.
17. Learn to cook
Being able to whip up some of your favourite meals is amazing.
18. Stop overreacting about everything
More unnecessary stress.
19. Things take time
Can’t drive? Don’t have a degree? You will when you’re ready and when it’s right for you.
20. Budgeting is key
If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.
21. Stay positive
22. You’ve got a lot to learn
Never stop learning.