With only 25 days to go until the big day, most of us will have started our Christmas shopping. I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes I wish there was an easy way to make a little more cash before Christmas.
I’ll be sat watching I’m a Celeb thinking to myself “why can’t I be famous so I can take part?!” I mean, the diet of rice and beans would kick start my weight loss mission… not to mention how much they are paid for staring in some of our favourite shows. I couldn’t believe it when I came across the Cash Lady infographic, with Christmas coming and a potential payment of hundreds, it’s almost enough to make a girl fancy a trip to the bush tucker trial clearing with Ant and Dec.
I’m at that point where I am counting the pennies, but don’t worry if you’ve gone overboard this year with your spends or you’re yet to finish buying for loved ones and pay day is just too far away, I’ve got you covered with 10 ways to save money this December.
- Head to Ebay and sell those clothes that have been in your wardrobe all year with the label still attached. You could be helping out a last-minute shopper with gifts.
- The red cups and festive drinks make that daily Starbucks run oh-so-tempting, but making your own will save you around £15 a week…that’s an extra £45 with a week to hit the shops.
- Consider going DIY with some of your gifts. Most of the time, they will be much more appreciated than yet another pair of slippers.
- Get yourself a piggy bank and pop in that loose change rattling in your pockets at the end of the day.
- Make a packed lunch instead of heading to Pret.
- Optimize your student status and sign up to Unidays for an array of offers.
- Make the most of those Tesco club card points and use them to buy Christmas dinner.
- Same goes for your Boots points. You probably have more than you think.
- Sign up to cashback sites if you plan to shop online.
- Finally, know your budget and stick to it.
Do you have any tips to save money for Christmas?