Netflix Favourites #2

Source // Netflix Media Center

It’s no secret that I love a good Netflix binge and I’d take an 8 hour marathon snuggled under my duvet over a night out any day. I may be late to the party, but there’s a few shows I’ve been hooked on recently and I can’t wait to tell you all about them.

Orphan Black

Orphan Black is absolutely amazing and I can’t even begin to tell you how phenomenal Tatiana Maslany is. The show has so many twists and turns and keeps you guessing throughout every episode. I find some bits can be a bit gory but it’s nothing you can’t handle. The fifth and final season airs this year and I’m counting down the days!!!

How To Get Away With Murder

I was introduced to How To Get Away With Murder by my friend and I haven’t looked back since. It has become my absolute favourite series out of everything I’ve watched on Netflix so far! It follows a group of law students who accidentally become involved in a murder. The show is quite dark and mysterious but also has some lovely, heart-warming romantic moments in there for good measure.

Stranger Things

I know, I know- I’m about a million years late with this one. I’d seen everyone talk about how great Stranger Things is and never really got the hype…until I watched it myself. I put off watching it because I hate anything remotely scary but I love it! I can’t believe it took me so long to give it a go! I’m so intrigued by the whole story line and I cannot waittt until season 2.

The OA

Now, I wouldn’t exactly call this one a favourite as such but I can see it heading that way. I’ve given it a go, got to the end of episode 1 and given up. A few people I’ve spoken to have loved it and told me to carry on, so that’s what I’m going to do. I’ll keep you updated with how I get on but I’m pretty certain I’m going to end up gripped.

What are your Netflix favourites?

31 Comments

1. Carol Shaw
    25th January 2017 / 7:45 am

Oh these sound great. I need something good to watch to help me relax in the evening. I’m going to give these programmes a try …. there’s just one problem ….. I don’t have Netflix!!!!! I will have to get my daughter to show me how to get it !!! Thank you earthtoemma xx

2. 25th January 2017 / 8:19 pm

I too love a good Netflix binge. Currently patiently waiting for Pretty Little Liars to come back. I’ve heard so many good things about How to Get Away With Murder and will definitely have to start watching it some time soon!

3. 3rd February 2017 / 3:33 am

Strangers Things was INCREDIBLE! I’ve never seen Orphan Black, but I’m going to start it after game of thrones.

4. 3rd February 2017 / 4:44 am

I like having a good Netflix binge too and I really enjoy How To Get Away With Murder. I’ve heard great reviews of Stranger Things and Orphan Black, but I haven’t seen those yet.

5. 3rd February 2017 / 11:32 am

We are currently looking for something new to watch, we have either finished everything or are up to date, I will have to look into these x

6. 3rd February 2017 / 11:42 am

I loved Stranger Things and have heard mixed things about the OA, might give it a go though x

7. 3rd February 2017 / 12:09 pm

Obviously I love Stranger Things but I haven’t seen any of the other three but they’re all on my to watch list. I’m part way through Lemony Snicket now so I want to finish that then I’m not sure which one to watch next x

8. 3rd February 2017 / 3:21 pm

I’ve only seen Stranger Things – i wasn’t as impressed as many and didn’t see what fuss is about. How to get away with murder sounds interesting though. I wasn’t sure whether it might be too glossy x

9. 3rd February 2017 / 3:23 pm

I’ve never watched any of these. I’m always after a good series to get into, love the sound of How to get away with murder. Jo x

10. hannah
    3rd February 2017 / 8:04 pm

I love Netflix, i shall have to check these out some time. Thanks for sharing x

11. 3rd February 2017 / 10:20 pm

I don’t have netflix any more but some of these sound great and i do keep thinking about signing back up to it x

12. 4th February 2017 / 1:13 pm

I very rarely watch any movies at all, but I might check these ones.

13. 4th February 2017 / 7:57 pm

I have definitely heard that all of those shows are shows I need to watch. I have so many other shows I am currently watching. When I am done with the shows I’m watching I will give these a try.

14. 4th February 2017 / 8:54 pm

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of stranger things, I watched the first 3 episodes and just couldn’t get into it! The rest of these I actually haven’t seen. Heard really good things about the OA though so I may start watching it soon! I’ve just started Riverdale, and it’s so good 😀

15. 4th February 2017 / 9:30 pm

Great choices here stranger things is brilliant. My favourites have to be Frontier and Still Game

16. 4th February 2017 / 10:02 pm

I watch very little tv but I have heard so much about these shows that I feel I am missing out.

17. 5th February 2017 / 2:40 am

How to get away with murder sounds like something I’d like to watch. I used to do marathons of various series, but since I now have two kids I usually pass out soon after they go to bed. No chances for a late night for me for a while!

18. 5th February 2017 / 2:45 pm

I haven’t tried any of these series yet but love the sound of Stranger Things as so many of my friends have raved about it!

19. 5th February 2017 / 8:08 pm

Orange is the New Black is definitely a favourite! I definitely would recommend it. I loved Orphan Black and Kimmy Schmidt was good too! x

20. 5th February 2017 / 8:41 pm

I keep hearing good things about The OA and Orphan Black. I love catching up on Vampire Diaries and Im always rewatching Full House and Gossip Girl

21. 5th February 2017 / 9:43 pm

OA was literally one of the best series I’ve seen in my life – I absolutely LOVED it! But… I have noticed that it’s very ‘Marmite’. It gets more and more gripping so my advice would be give it another go, but maybe it just ain’t your cup of tea! x

• Emma Kershaw
      6th February 2017 / 11:01 am

Thank you! I still need to give it another go, everyone has said how great it is! xx

22. Jemma
    7th February 2017 / 6:52 am

There’s always so many great things on Netflix, will have to check these out.

• Emma Kershaw
      18th February 2017 / 7:00 pm

Let me know what you think if you watch any of them!

23. 7th February 2017 / 12:41 pm

I’ve watched (and loved) all of those except Orphan Black, might have to give it a watch!

• Emma Kershaw
      18th February 2017 / 6:59 pm

Let me know if you watch Orphan Black, I’m sure you’ll love it!

24. Kristina Maggiora
    8th February 2017 / 12:10 am

I watched all of these! I’m a bit of a Netflix addict haha

• Emma Kershaw
      18th February 2017 / 6:59 pm

Ahh yayyyy I could talk about these all day with you!!!

25. 8th February 2017 / 11:19 pm

I’ve only watched Stranger Things off your list but I have been meaning to watch How To Get Away With Murder, I just need to find the time as I watch way too many shows at the moment xx

• Emma Kershaw
      18th February 2017 / 6:58 pm

Do you have any recommendations? I’m looking for a new one to watch atm. Let me know what you think of how to get away with murder, you’ll love it!!